One of the main reasons for having this blog was to inspire people to pursue their God given dreams. We all have a dream given to us by God and we are all designed with a purpose. There is no one on earth born without a purpose, no one! We all have a mission to carry out from God but this is the thing, we have an enemy who doesn’t want us to fulfil all that God has for us. A pastor once said it like this, “the enemy is afraid of our assignment” because he knows how much of an impact we will have if we find out what our “assignment” is and carry it out! We all have an assignment from God, do you know what your assignment is? Assignment, calling, dream, destiny call it what you want, do you know what it is?
I was reading a book on destiny the other day and there were a few very important points on the importance of God’s dreams that I would like to share with you. I hope these help you in identifying God’s plan for your life. The first thing that he said was,
– So here’s the not-so-small print that maybe you never read at the start of your journey: God’s dreams for you are ultimately not really about you.
Oh don’t misunderstand. They’ll bring you some of the best days of your life; you will be fulfilled beyond any imaginable expectations. But God’s dreams take form only when they are about others, for the benefit of others. Loving them. Guiding them. Serving them. Influencing them. Filling their heads with dreams and hopes. There are no other type of God dreams.
Wow right!! God’s dreams are not about us but they are about people! His dreams for us are to be an impact in someone else’s life. There is no room for selfishness and pride in God’s dreams . And that is one way you can tell if the dream you have is from God, is it all about you getting what you want and you being comfortable or is it about people??!!
– God’s destiny for you will never be so trivial as building a kingdom for you to enhance your acclaim. Such is a kingdom of dust and lint.
I have already spoken about this in the last point. A person who has dreams of grandeur for himself and him alone is on the wrong path. But please don’t get me wrong here. It is OK to want a car a house, money and so on. Those desires are fine. The problem comes when those desires are the things that consume us. The problem is, when that is the only desire we have or they are more important than seeking God and touching people!!
– The dream He has prepared custom for you is explosively beautiful and alive. It’s about His glorious kingdom-a plan involving you from before there was time!
Do you believe that? The enemy has lied to us by telling us that God’s dreams for us are dull and boring! They are not. They are fun and exhilarating and fulfilling!!!
– This stunning dream always involves others. Others being freed, healed, convinced of who they really are, convinced that they can fly, convinced His dreams in them can come true.
– Think about it – God’s dreams for us reflect His heart. If we are not maturing in sync with His heart, how would we distinguish other-centered dreams from self-centered dreams?
– God wants to reveal Himself to us in authenticity. Because one of God’s dreams is that we influence others far more out of who we are than out of what we do. So above all else, your destiny requires that you be a maturing person.
I like it when the author says God’s dreams for us reflect God’s heart. And for me, that is why I think it’s important not to go through life aimlessly without a goal or direction because we are supposed to express God’s heart in the way He created us to do it. People get to see who God is when we walk in what He has called us to do! But to do that we also need to mature. We mature by taking responsibility for things in our lives. We mature by acting on the Word of God. Are you someone who is growing? Is your spiritual man growing stronger by the day or you are at the same place you were 5 years ago? Remember what he said, “God’s dreams for us require us to influence others far more out of who we are than out of what we do“.
I know you have the title Pastor, Bishop, Priest, and any other important title out there but God wants you to influence people out of who you are rather than your title!
What good is it calling yourself pastor but you have no self control and you are lazy? or what good is it being a fitness instructor but you eat like a pig and don’t exercise outside of the times you train people!! It does not work.
And that is the essence of God’s dreams. Let us pursue them with all that we have. If you don’t know the reason you were born ask God! He is eager to show you your purpose. He is a good God!!!! 🙂