I was speaking to a friend a few days ago and he was telling me about the challenges he was facing in getting his drivers licence. After he left I started thinking. It seems like the things God has for us need to be fought for. It is never easy. A lot of us think just because God said, it should be a walk in the park, but that is not the case!!!
I think of the Israelites who were promised a land flowing with milk and honey. Once they got there they had to fight. The enemies were mightier than them but with God they conquered.Obtaining what God had promised them was no walk in the park. There are so many other examples in scripture of people who had to fight and work hard to obtain the prize and that is why I am writing this post.
Just because God said………
– doesn’t mean it will be smooth sailing from here on. On the contrary things will get a lot tougher!!
– doesn’t mean you will never face opposition. It is because GOD SAID, that you will face heavy opposition.
– doesn’t mean you don’t have to do your part. You have a responsibility.
– doesn’t always mean you will get what God said you will get. It is possible to disqualify yourself of the things God has for you. (Look at the Israelites and look at King Saul)
– doesn’t mean there will be no battle. There will be a battle and you will need to engage.
– doesn’t mean you are exempt from pressure.
This is the conclusion of the matter. I have realised, just because God says something doesn’t mean there will be no resistence. It doesn’t mean easy as pie! What matters is how we respond to the call of God. Will be break under pressure or will we stand and keep on trusting God? Will we freak out and lose it or will we be found trusting in God?